Update: BY RESERVATION ONLY. Open Wednesday August 5th.
*River levels are dropping, children welcome but I strongly recommend 2 adults for paddling.
We are fully booked today so please arrive on time- 30 mins early for long float 15 mins early for short float. If you are late your reservation will be canceled and you will be charged the cancellation fee.
The river is still high for this time of year which makes for faster float times and beach is a bit muddy so proper footwear is recommended. The types payment we are accepting right now are credit card on file, e-transfer and cash.
Update for 2020 season:
- We are normally unable to accept same day reservations on the weekends. Please reserve your spot at least the day prior. Weekdays we can most likely accept same day reservations but please call us to confirm.
- Please arrive 15 mins proir to your scheduled float for short floats and 30 mins prior for long floats. If you arrive late you will not be allowed to float and may be charged the cancellation fee.
- If you are not sure where we are located please call us in advance for directions or visit our location section of our website.
- Generally late June and early July the river levels are at the higher end of our operating levels and float times may vary.
- Please remember we are a small family run business learning a new way of operating this year. Please be patient if we cannot take your calls or respond to emails right away as I’m with customers all day. I will respond to booking requests in the evenings.
- We cannot accept reservations without a credit card.
- If your group is 4 or less you may be sharing the shuttle with an additional small group. As per government covid-19 regulations we are able to combine small groups from separate households in our shuttle and maintain social distancing. Additionally we will provide masks to use on the shuttle one per person.
*Long float update: The road to the starting point at Riverside RV Park was redone this spring and can be very muddy if it has recently rained. We may need to reschedule the long float after a heavy rain. This will only be until the road is complete and vegetation grows. Our access is limited and may be a 5 to 10 minute walk from the shuttle down to the river. I will notify all current bookings with as much notice as possible and will update our website when this is no longer in effect.
As we all know many businesses are operating much differently this year and these changes and restrictions apply to us as well at River Lifestyle Co. The safety of our customers and everyone on the river has always been our top priority and will continue to be our top priority. In this update I will provide you with our new rules and restrictions to give you an idea on what this season will look like.
Most importantly if you are experiencing any covid-19 like symptoms, have been in close contact with anyone who has tested positive for covid-19 or recently returned from outside of the country please remain at home.
- We will be operating by appointment only and we will be spreading out start times to reduce the risk of multiple people being at our office at the same time.
- Only members of the same immediate family/ household or cohort group are able to float together at the same time (please follow this rule as it will be our small family run business to receive a fine or possibly shut down).
- So this means unfortunately at this time there will be no large group bookings.
- If you arrive late for your scheduled float there is a chance you may need to forgo your float in respect for the next scheduled float.
- All waivers must be filled out ahead of time to reduce the risk.
- All customers are asked to remain outside of the office at this time. Our staff will bring out all necessary equipment.
- Our shuttle van, office and all equipment will be sanitized in between each group/ float.
- Life Jackets will also be sanitized after every use. *But please note: If you are not comfortable using ours you may bring your own approved life jacket as they are mandatory to float with us.
- Currently the washroom facilities are open in Voyageur park but we do recommend that you come prepared wearing the clothes/ attire you will be floating in.
- We will update our floating rules and regulations as the government lifts restrictions.
These are challenging times for many businesses. Please be patient with us as we learn to navigate though this new way of operating. If you have any questions or concerns don’t hesitate to contact us directly at email@example.com or 780-935-5118. Lastly I would like to thank all of our wonderful customers for your ongoing support through past seasons and especially during these challenging times.
* Please note: we do not offer just a shuttle for people using their own tubes *
Our hours of operation are:
July and August hours
Monday through Sunday 11:00 am until 4:00 pm.
Our days of operation are weather dependant so please check our website, twitter or Facebook pages for updates!