Closed : Due to rising river levels. We will update our website when conditions change.
Update for 2020 season: After our first few operational days with our new system and procedures for covid-19 here are a few reminders:
- We are normally unable to accept same day reservations on the weekends. Please reserve your spot at least the day prior. Weekdays we can most likely accept same day reservations but please call us to confirm.
- Please arrive 15 mins proir to your scheduled float for short floats and 30 mins prior for long floats. If you arrive late you will not be allowed to float and may be charged the cancellation fee.
- If you are not sure where we are located please call us in advance for directions or visit our location section of our website.
- Generally late June and early July the river levels are at the higher end of our operating levels and float times may vary.
- Please remember we are a small family run business learning a new way of operating this year. Please be patient if we cannot take your calls or respond to emails right away as I’m with customers all day. I will respond to booking requests in the evenings.
- We cannot accept reservations without a credit card.
*Long float update: The road to the starting point at Riverside RV Park was redone this spring and can be very muddy if it has recently rained. We may need to reschedule the long float after a heavy rain. This will only be until the road is complete and vegetation grows. Our access is limited and may be a 5 to 10 minute walk from the shuttle down to the river. I will notify all current bookings with as much notice as possible and will update our website when this is no longer in effect.
As we all know many businesses are operating much differently this year and these changes and restrictions apply to us as well at River Lifestyle Co. The safety of our customers and everyone on the river has always been our top priority and will continue to be our top priority. In this update I will provide you with our new rules and restrictions to give you an idea on what this season will look like.
Most importantly if you are experiencing any covid-19 like symptoms, have been in close contact with anyone who has tested positive for covid-19 or recently returned from outside of the country please remain at home.
- We will be operating by appointment only and we will be spreading out start times to reduce the risk of multiple people being at our office at the same time.
- Our website will be updated shortly for reservations or you can call us at 780-935-5118.
- Only members of the same immediate family/ household or cohort group are able to float together at the same time (please follow this rule as it will be our small family run business to receive a fine or possibly shut down).
- So this means unfortunately at this time there will be no large group bookings.
- Please arrive 15 mins early than your scheduled float. If you arrive any earlier than 15 mins for your scheduled float please remain at your vehicles until the previous group has left.
- If you arrive late for your scheduled float there is a chance you may need to forgo your float in respect for the next scheduled float.
- All waivers must be filled out ahead of time to reduce the risk.
- All customers are asked to remain outside of the office at this time. Our staff will bring out all necessary equipment.
- At this time we are able to shuttle 4 to 5 people (in our 15 passenger van) not from the same household at one time but everyone must be wearing proper ppe (face mask). For this reason we will mostly be shuttling single family groups at a time, unless it is 2 small groups of 2 or 3.
- Our shuttle van, office and all equipment will be sanitized in between each group/ float.
- Life Jackets will also be sanitized after every use. *But please note: If you are not comfortable using ours you may bring your own approved life jacket as they are mandatory to float with us.
- Currently the washroom facilities are open in Voyageur park but we do recommend that you come prepared wearing the clothes/ attire you will be floating in.
- We will update our floating rules and regulations as the government lifts restrictions.
These are challenging times for many businesses. Please be patient with us as we learn to navigate though this new way of operating. If you have any questions or concerns don’t hesitate to contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-935-5118. Lastly I would like to thank all of our wonderful customers for your ongoing support through past seasons and especially during these challenging times.
* Please note we do not offer just a shuttle service at this time *
Our hours of operation are:
Thursday through Sunday 11:00 am to 4:30 pm
July and August hours
Monday through Sunday 11:00 am until 4:30 pm.
Last tube rentals are at 4:30pm so pease arrive by no later than 4:15 pm to fill out paperwork.
Our days of operation are weather dependant so please check our website, twitter or Facebook pages for updates!